RandyNetwork Tech
RandyNetwork Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician
62741268

Carl, I have followed the instal guide as follows. Select

Customer Question

Carl,
I have followed the instal guide as follows. Select wireless connection, press Home, select WLAN, press function button B, select Standard set-up, press OK, hold WPS button down, press OK. The printer searches for approx 2 minutes and the displays Network error, Timeout error. This has happened every time that I have tried to instal the printer. You mentioned typing in the WPA. The only pad that appears on the printer screen has lower case letters but no numbers. The Router wpa is 4af27b94e7. I don't see how, or where, I can type that in.
Regards, Ray
Category: Printers
Expert:  RandyNetwork Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ray, Use the function button A to change from lower case to upper case and numeric Character Entry>
You can enter the characters when the keyboard is displayed on the printer. Follow the procedure below.

1. You can enter the characters when the keyboard is displayed on the printer's LCD.
Password entry is case sensitive so press the center Function button (A) accordingly to switch between lower case, upper case and numeric characters.

2. Use the buttons (B) to select a character from the keyboard, then press the OK button to select and move to the next character.
3. Repeat 1 and 2 to enter the remaining characters.

* To insert a space, select Space on the on-screen keyboard and press the OK button.

* To insert characters, select the section (C) of the screen using the or button, move the cursor to the character on the right of the target position using the or button, then enter characters.

* To delete a character, select the section (C) of the screen using the or button, move the cursor to the target character using the or button, then press the right Function button (D).