Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

WHAT ARE YOUR CHARGES? I am a technophobe with a new Canon

Customer Question

WHAT ARE YOUR CHARGES? I am a technophobe with a new Canon PIXMA MG3250 scanner, which I can just about use as a photocopier. It is in communication with my laptop computer, which itself works off a TP-LINK hub. I have a paper document of which I want to send a copy by email. Please give me an idiot's guide as to which buttons to press.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

S H E F I N :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

You have made a mistake. My payment screen was happy to take my money, while stating that my payment was unacceptable because of a problem with my identification. I still want an answer to my original question, but I have no intention of paying you a second time, not having received an answer to the original query. Smarten up your system.

S H E F I N :

Are you there?

S H E F I N :
A brief overview of the process: I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. I am an independent tech, and volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. If you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Thanks for the explanation. Would you please answer my initial problem (see opposite) without any further charge. As I explained , a further charge would be inappropriate at this stage.

S H E F I N :

You will not be charged further.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Good.

S H E F I N :

You just wanted to scan a document to the computer and send it by email. Right?

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Correct. With a minimum of jargon.

S H E F I N :

Are you using Windows 7 on your computer?

S H E F I N :

On you Laptop, may I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

S H E F I N :

I can help you scan to the computer and attach it to an email.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

#

S H E F I N :

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

It is Windows Vista.

S H E F I N :

Okay.

S H E F I N :

Please check if you see a button named Scan on your printer.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Yes.

S H E F I N :

Press Scan.

S H E F I N :

Please put the document in the platen and press Scan.

S H E F I N :

Let me know the response.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Of course I put in no paper. The screen shows in succession: E 1 7

S H E F I N :

E 1 7 is the error message?

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Is it? I don't know.

S H E F I N :

Are you able to print from the computer?

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Yes.

S H E F I N :

Try now.

S H E F I N :

E 1 7 means the front tray is closed.

S H E F I N :

Please open it and try scanning again.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Sorry. I see your messages on the computer screen. How do I see the scanned document on my computer?

S H E F I N :

After pressing Scan, if you have MP Navigator installed on your computer, you will get a new window on your computer.

S H E F I N :

Do you get that?

S H E F I N :

If no, please let me know.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

I still have the JUSTANSWER screen. How do I find the MP Navigator, which I've never heard of? There's no new window visible.

S H E F I N :

Please click Start button, select All Programs, and check if you see Canon or Mp Navigator.

S H E F I N :

Do you see that?

S H E F I N :

I will help you download and install user guide for the printer.

S H E F I N :

Using that guide, you can learn steps to scan, print and copy.

S H E F I N :

Is that fine for you?

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

My printer is a Canon i560. I have located Canon image gateway and Canon MG3200 on the start list.

S H E F I N :

You are using Canon MG3200 to scan and email. Right?

S H E F I N :

Select that and check if you see MP Navigator Ex.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

If you can send me a comprehensible manual, that will do fine. It will need to answer the original question. The manual that comes with the kit is not adequate.

S H E F I N :

First, we will check if you are able to find MP Navigator under programs.

S H E F I N :

Have you checked that? Under Canon MG3200?

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

In fact I am using PIXMA 3250.

S H E F I N :

That is alright.

S H E F I N :

Are you able to find MP Navigator?

S H E F I N :

If no, click Start, and type in the search field.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

On the programmes list I cannot find MP Navigator. Is it possible that I don't have Vista as I thought?

S H E F I N :

Click Start, and type in MP navigator in the search field.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

You can see that when I styled myself as technophobic, this was an understatement.

S H E F I N :

If so, please download and install MP Navigator first, so that you can scan and email from the same program.

S H E F I N :

Please wait, so that I can help you download the application.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Still no sign of MP Navigator.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

So how do I download MP Navigator?

S H E F I N :

Please go to the link below, click NAVI.exe .

S H E F I N :

Download and install it.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

I've clicked on the link, but nothing downloads when I click on NAVI.exe

S H E F I N :

When you click NAVI.exe, you will get another link with an agreement option.

S H E F I N :

Put tick on I accept and click Download Software.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

I Didn't see it, but I'll try again. If it's all too much for you, I'd be willing to call it quits if you would do the same.

S H E F I N :

If so, please leave it.

S H E F I N :

Use the link below.

S H E F I N :

That is latest version.

S H E F I N :

Click on file named mpnexwin106ea23-2.exe,

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

Ooops! I don't see another link.

S H E F I N :

Have you downloaded it?>

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

No. I've tried without success. I repeat my offer of us both crying quits.

S H E F I N :

Alright.

S H E F I N :

Please find the links for the manual below.

JACUSTOMER-7cwpp2dr- :

OK. At least you tried.

S H E F I N :

Please do not rate poor or bad.

S H E F I N :

Thank you for your patience with me.

S H E F I N :

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

S H E F I N :

Please do not rate poor or bad.

S H E F I N :

We will try scan using Windows Live gallery, if you have time.

S H E F I N :

However, installing MP Navigator will help you scan and email from one program.