*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Technician
Experience:  Customer Service Support and Repair Technician
62741268

Printhead jammed

Customer Question

Printhead jammed
Category: Printers
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX will assist you with your printer. Your Ink cartridge could be the issue. If the ink cartridge is new check for the plastic seal on the cartridge head.
Please follow these steps<>
  • Look for and remove any paper, tape, or other obstructions from the printhead carriage area.

Ink Cartridges:

1. Lift the printer access door, then remove the ink cartridges from the printhead.
    NOTE: If the printhead does not move to the center position, press Home, then Maintenance on your printer. Check if the Install Ink Cartridge option is available. If so, select Install Ink Cartridges, press OK, and follow the instructions. Otherwise do the following:
    1. If an error is displayed on your printer control panel or the status monitor on your computer, press Cancel to clear the error.
    2. Go to KODAK All-in-One Printer Downloads and Drivers, select your printer from the All-in-One Printers pull-down list, and download and install the latest firmware version for your printer. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    3. After you upgrade the firmware, press Home on the printer control panel.
    4. Select Maintenance, then press OK.
    5. Select Install Ink Cartridges, then press OK.
    6. Follow the instructions on the control panel LCD.
    7. Go to the next step.
  2. Insert the black ink cartridge into the printhead, then press down firmly until you hear it click into position.
    Image
  3. Insert the color ink cartridge into the printhead, then press down firmly until you hear it click into position.
    Image
  4. Close the printer access door.
  5. Press OK to clear the error.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried all this no good it's still jammed

May I please have the Kodak Service Number for your printer? You can find this number by opening the printer access door like you are going to change the ink cartridges. This number will be located on the left hand side.

You can also try this and let me know please. Disconnect the power cord, then hold the power button down for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Serial No is B436047 Tried disconnecting and holding down power button no go

Thank you for your time and patience. The issue seems to be with the printer hardware. Kodak printers have a warranty for one year . Since your printer has exceeded the one year span, I can suggest you with the following options
You can get Kodak to repair, you need to contact their voice technical support to complete the transaction.
The charge for the repair would be £45.12 Inc. VAT
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR KODAK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I could put the £22.00 to buying a new printer
Thanks very much
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
I would like to ask whether you have a sizeable stock of ink cartridges already bought. If so, the type of those cartridges and the expense that they represent could be important to your choice of a new printer - if you buy a new printer that takes those cartridges that you have already bought, you may save a considerable amount if those cartridges are usable in the new printer also.

So if this seems worth looking into, please let me know the type numbers of the cartridges you already have on hand unused, and I will research and tell you the model numbers of printers that accept those cartridges.
You do not have to pay, JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I am sorry for the bad news, however there is no easy fix for this if you performed all of the troubleshooting steps that I gave you.