Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

canon pixma mp510 will not scan telling me lid is up when it

Customer Question

canon pixma mp510 will not scan telling me lid is up when it is not
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 years ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 years ago.

I apologize that I did not get you on chat. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

I would suggest you clean the interior and exterior of the printer thoroughly and check if the issue persists.

1. Turn off the machine and disconnect the power cord.

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) until it stops and securely fix it with the scanning unit support.

3. Wipe ink off the ridges <1> (shown by the arrow) and their sides <2> using a swab.

Caution : Do not touch the transparent film or any metal parts within the machine. (Doing so may damage the machine.)

Clean the area where the scanner lid makes contact with the printer when you close the lid. Clean the printer using warm water and coton swabs as much as you can.

Then, unplug all cables and wait for 5 minutes. Restart the printer and check if the issue persists.

We may need to communicate back and forth in order to get the issue resolved . I am an independent tech, and volunteering my time unpaid until the conversation is concluded. I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. If you do not feel I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this advise was about as much use as a rubber dagger in a knife fight and you only said this to get me to part with more money that was not even techical help i have since learnt thereis some thing wrong with the drivers so i would like my money back for such a rubbish answer

Expert:  Shefin replied 4 years ago.

The issue is with sensor which detects the scanner lid when closed. The issue may happen if the sensor is dirty. That is why I suggested to clean everything. If the issue persists, you have to replace or repair the sensor.

Check if you are able to print and let me know if the issue occurs only while scanning.

S H E F I N