Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have purchased Canon PIXMA MG4250 yesterday. Got it connected

Customer Question

Have purchased Canon PIXMA MG4250 yesterday. Got it connected to router ok but I only have an iPad3 no access to a computer , how can enable printing from my iPad?
Unable to load the disc that came with printer. Can I get instructions via email?
Am 70 years old &definitely not a technical wizard, just want tp print!
Category: Printers
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 3 years ago.

arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

Welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Fiyaz, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

arsufi2002 :

You don't need disc to configure printer for ipad3

arsufi2002 :

The only thing is Airprint should support your printer

arsufi2002 :

Apple devices use Airprint feature to communicate with printer. Its easy to configure.

arsufi2002 :

It doesn't require computer intervention. So you can printer directly from ipad 3

arsufi2002 :

Here's the procedure:

arsufi2002 :

Note: Make sure printer has connected to router and is working. Just to confirm you can take a test print from computer

arsufi2002 :

see from Printing with AirPrint

arsufi2002 :

From Printer section, you should choose right printer, then print

arsufi2002 :

If you have difficulty in performing it, please let me know.

arsufi2002 :

waiting for your reply

arsufi2002 :

JACUSTOMER-aovbt6ga- : Canon support will charge £109 for the advice. Sorry not happy with that
arsufi2002 :

hello

arsufi2002 :

sir you misunderstood me. I want you to follow procedure that's mentioned on that link. That's all

arsufi2002 :

I will write the procedure here, please follow

arsufi2002 :

1: Check that your printer is turned on and is connected to the local wireless LAN.

arsufi2002 :

2. From the application of your Apple device, tap

Full Size Image
to display the menu options.

arsufi2002 :

Full Size Image

arsufi2002 :

3. From the dropdown menu, tap [Print].

arsufi2002 :

Full Size Image

arsufi2002 :

4. From Printer Options, select a printer.

arsufi2002 :

Full Size Image

arsufi2002 :

Printer : You must find yours from the list of printers

arsufi2002 :

IMPORTANT

Some applications do not support AirPrint, and Printer Options may not be displayed in that case. If an application does not let you use printer options, you cannot print from that application.

5. For [1 Copy], tap [+] or [-] to set the number of required copies.

6. For [Duplex Printing], tap [On] to enable double-sided printing or [Off] to disable it.

7. When printing a file that has multiple pages, such as a PDF file, tap [Range] and then select [All Pages] or the range of pages to be printed.

REFERENCE

The printer options differ depending on the application software and printer you are using. Normally, when you tap Print and select a printer, the displayed printer options will include up to the following four options:
  • Printer: Select a printer that can be used in your wireless LAN.
  • Copies: Select the number of print copies.
  • Duplex Printing: When the printer supports double-sided printing, you can select [On] or [Off].
  • Range: The page range can be used only with specific applications and file types (such as PDF files).

8. Tap [Print].
The printer will print according to the specified settings.

arsufi2002 :

Please reply status

arsufi2002 :

JACUSTOMER-aovbt6ga- : Printer is connected to wireless LAN
arsufi2002 :

ok

JACUSTOMER-aovbt6ga- : Printer is connected to wireless LAN but I still get the message on my iPad "no air printers found"
arsufi2002 :

Just open any application that you need to print

arsufi2002 :

click print

arsufi2002 :

then follow above procedure

JACUSTOMER-aovbt6ga- : Still says no air print printers found. Do I have to enter the name of my printer when asked for a pass phrase after it has identified the wireless connection? I had entered the wireless password because tg
JACUSTOMER-aovbt6ga- : Thought printer was asking that. It did not recognise router without it.
arsufi2002 :

No, you don't have to enter printer name'

arsufi2002 :

Once ipad has connected to router, it will search for AirPrint supported printer

arsufi2002 :

are you sure Canon is connected to router

arsufi2002 :

Do you able to take print out from computer

arsufi2002 :

You must enter wireless password when it asks for pass phrase

JACUSTOMER-aovbt6ga- : Message with wireless password says connected to access point then appears a home screen with a WLAN set up option , advanced print option,web service,Eco setting, quite setting, and set up option which is for printer maintenance. Copy and scan the printer will perform.
arsufi2002 :

click setup

arsufi2002 :

hello

arsufi2002 :

are you there

arsufi2002 :

what's the status

arsufi2002 :

sir, do you get my response

JACUSTOMER-aovbt6ga- : Canon is connected to router and have entered wireless passphrase
JACUSTOMER-aovbt6ga- : at no point have I been asked to enter printer name on my iPad.
arsufi2002 :

sir, it doesn't ask for printer name, Ipad automatically detects printer from lan and displays it on ipad

arsufi2002 :

Only the point is printer must be connected to router

arsufi2002 :

to confirm it, i request you to take a test print from computer. So if print comes we can confirm that printer is connected correctly

arsufi2002 :

hope you get it what i mean

arsufi2002 :

please let me know if you have any query

arsufi2002 :

sir, i am sorry i will be off for 1 hr. You may do it and update status here

arsufi2002 :

i will respond soon

arsufi2002 :

JACUSTOMER-aovbt6ga- : I cannot print test page as I have no computer only my iPad. I will be out for the rest of today so can we resume tomorrow evening as we have a house full of visitors. Thanks