Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

Canon Printer PixmaMG 8150 - I need to print A5 260g gloss

Customer Question

Canon Printer PixmaMG 8150 - I need to print A5 260g gloss photo greeting cards and cannot get this printer to do this? There are no settings for A5 greeting card photo paper. Why not please and if there is no way to resolve this easily - is there a piece of software I can download to do this - many thanks
Penny
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Dan :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be working with you today on your question!

Dr. Dan :

The Pixma MG8150 should support A5 size

Dr. Dan :

I would recommend downloading and installing the latest software for your printer:

Dr. Dan :

Between one of those software downloads that should have the correct settings for your printer to adjust the paper size to A5

Dr. Dan :

Note that your document that you are printing also has to be set to A5

Dr. Dan :

Let me know if that helps!

Dr. Dan :

Dr. Dan :

Dan

Dr. Dan :

If it does please take a moment to rate our interaction to close this question.

Dr. Dan :

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them below and I will gladly continue to assist you!

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hi Penny,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If it did please take a moment to rate our interaction to close this question.

Dan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no matter what software I use they all link into the Canon Pixma MG 8150 Driver. The DRIVER does not allow photo paper A5 to be printed. It will only allow A5 Plain paper . We had done all you suggested in your response prior to making contact with you and have now added the Garden Image software as well. Same Result no link on the driver to enable me to print A5 Photo paper
I would like you to pass this onto Canon because it looks to me as if this isn't going to be satisfactorily resolved.

I have tried to insert two images of the Canon Pixma Driver instructions page showing you exactly this problem, but don't thisn this worked. Do you have an email address then I can prove to you what I am saying. Thanks

Penny

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr Dan,

I did respond to your information on Friday 6th Sept - to say that I had tried everything you suggested. I downloaded etc., as you suggested I do. These downloads I had already done. The problem is that the firmware on the Pixma Printer MG 8150 is not set up to print A5 PHOTO Paper. This is what I want to do - hence my original question to you - how do I do this? Please let Canon know that this printer will NOT Print A5 PHOTO Paper . I don't think you can help in any way unless you get Canon to upgrade the Firmware on this Printer.

I was disappointed that your help got me no further forward - but thanks anywat

Regrads

Penny XXXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Please ask Dr Dan to answer my second question sent on 6th Sept followed by a third question on the same matter on 15th Sept - to which I havereceived no response or comments. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr Dan - your response to my first question did not answer my original question and did not work either. Have you managed to communicate with Canon yet as to what I do to print A5 PHOTO PAPER please.

xxxxxx xxxxxx

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.

Penny, Sorry for the delayed response, I was unable to get back to you on your prior response. In regards XXXXX XXXXX print settings of the MG8150 driver, while it may be true that the drivers do not have a "photo" A5 setting you should be able to print in a custom A5 format at a custom size of A5 5.83 x 8.27 inches. That being said if your expectation is that you are trying to print a full-page borderless print, due to technical limitations of the printer you cannot use A5 paper for borderless printing, and Canon cannot change the design of the printer to support this. It is not built into the drive3rs because the print heads do not support this size for borderless photo printing. (see: http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG8150.aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:13-776394&page=1&type=faq )