Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

epson sx445w tests but does not print documents

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Ben! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to make a copy or scan (but not print)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or Mac computer?

Is it able to print anything else, such as a web page, a picture file (but not a document)?

Do you connect the printer to the computer with a USB / printer cable? Or is this printer setup via wireless / network connection?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've just tried a scan. The mechanism ran but produced an entirely blank result.

I have Windows 7

It doesn't print a photo

It does work with my wife's iPad

It's connected by bluetooth

How about copying (put something on the printer, then press the Copy button/option)?

Can you please click on the website below and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=2b4768ae-97a4-46d7-a450-510490876f33

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks again.

The copying works.

I was wrong about the scan. it did work.

& i'll connec to the link

You're welcome. OK, thank you.

Edit: I'm sorry, I'm out of suggestions, but let me open the issue to other computer professionals. Thank you,

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can assist you with your question.

According to what you describe, the printer is working fine and only lacks communication from the windows computer.

You did mention that it was connected to the iPad via Bluetooth. There would have to be a separate connection to the computer for it to print as well. Also, they cannot be connected in this way at the same time. To test the printer with the windows 7 system, I would suggest using a USB cable from the computer to the printer. If that works then you know the drivers are OK an it is just a matter of working out how to connect both the iPad and the computer at the same time, or switching between the two.

Mike
SQ