Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

HERO 7.1 Printer... Keep getting message on screen saying

Customer Question

HERO 7.1 Printer...
Keep getting message on screen saying Top Tray Paper Jam. I have checked inside the back of printer and seems completely free of any paper.
This message appears even when no paper in top tray.
Please advise what could be the reason.
Many Thanks,
Harvey Groundwater.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

Harvey, there are a couple things to try. First, try pushing a piece of card stick or thick paper through the paper path. This will clear anything that cannot readily be seen. Then turn the printer over and give it a shake. This is important because it doesn't take much to cause mechanical damage if anything is left in the printer. Then see if it will print.

Once you have taken these steps, if it still doesn't print, then I am afraid it has failed mechanically and is in need if service. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike
SQ