Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

How to replace on a Canon Pixel Printer MG4250

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Elizabeth! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please click on the website below for instructions and illustrations for how to replace the ink cartridges in the printer:

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG4250.aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:13-960352&page=1&type=faq

Does that work? And/or do you need anything else?

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if you need. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have got to the stage on the replacements inks where it states to replace the cover protectively. I cannot find the replacement tape

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where about is the protective packing that I have to remove before installing the new ink in

Do you mean the step #4:

4. Prepare a new FINE cartridge.
(1) Take a new FINE cartridge out of its package and remove the protective tape (G) gently.

There is usually a tape that covers the nozzle of the new cartridge:

From the image below:
- contacts (A)
- print head nozzle (B)

If you do not see that tape, then ignore it, and continue, and insert the new cartridge.

Edit: It looks like you are away; please click on the Reply to Expert tab below when you are available, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you very much.