Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have recently installed a Canon pixma MG5350. However apart

I have recently installed a Canon pixma MG5350. However apart from installation instructions, there no other instruction in the operation of the copier. I am currently trying to copy a document to my PC. I cannot find the way to do this. Is there a instruction booklet I can obtain to help me use the copier? In every other way I am very pleased with the straight forward printing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac is on your computer?

Also I want to make sure you know you will not be able to edit the document when scanning it to the computer.
The scanner captures an image of the page that it sends to the computer, so you have a picture of the document and not an actual document.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

windowsXP

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Ok what happens exactly when you try to scan now?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

After pressing 'black' and the copier shows it is scanning, I get Doc.type 'autoscan. then I press the right hand arrow next to the OK button.

Then I get JPEG /300dpi

at the bottom save/Forward

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Let's try scanning using a 3rd party program on the computer instead.

1. Click Start , point to All Programs , point to Accessories , and then click Paint .
2. Click File , and then click From Scanner or Camera .
3. Make any desired setting changes.
4. Click Scan .

To save the scan click on File again and then click on save as.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.