Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a canon printer - MP280. i am trying to enlarge a small

Customer Question

I have a canon printer - MP280. i am trying to enlarge a small newspaper cutting but in spite of following the instructions in the manual I am having no success. Please can you advise me what to do?
Janet Tait
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

Are you trying to copy the cutting or scan ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Copy

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
What type of paper you are using for printing the copied document and what percentage you have enlarge the document ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to copy a newspaper cutting that is about 9"x4"

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the update, I am just researching about the problem and found that your printer model apparently does not have the capability to reduce or enlarge copies. There is only option, which you can try and that is the 'Fit-To-Page' function, that might enlarge a small original to fit a full page, possibly.

You can enable the Fit-To-Page function by pressing the Fit-To-Page button after setting up the copying operation with the other copy controls on the machine, such as the Paper control to select the paper size the copy goes onto.The Fit-To-Page function can either enlarge or reduce an original to the size of the paper you are printing on.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 4 years ago.
Do you still need any help on this issue, as I can see you did not replied me, what happenswhen you use the fit to page button