Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

Canon Pixma MG 5150 Cyan ink not printing. Cleaned and got

Customer Question

Canon Pixma MG 5150

Cyan ink not printing. Cleaned and got it working, but after a few copies, stopped once more.

Using canon compatible cartridges.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

Can you print a nozzle check pattern sheet and let me know the result ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've done that and there's no sign of cyan at all

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Do you see a low ink warning, when you check the ink level of the cyan cartridge ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Mike for the update, I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.In almost every case like this, the problem is with the printhead nozzle or defective cartridges,if you are 100% sure the cartridge is fine, then the problem is with the printhead, because due to quality diffreneces between the genuine and compatible cartridges the nozzle get damaged easily and early, now the last option is to replace the printhead to solve the problem, but before that you can follow the steps below to remove the printhead, then open this LINK and follow the steps to clean the printhead manually. If that does not help, then let me know, I will give you another solution.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray gently

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

3. Remove all the Ink Tanks in the following manner.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Push the tab (A) and lift the ink tank to remove.

Do not touch the Print Head Lock Lever (B).

4. Raise the print head lock lever.

5. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

* Images that follow are taken from the MP600. The procedure is the same for the MP620.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

Print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>.

6. Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks very much. If I have to try cleaning it's very clear, but maybe I should assume first it's a faulty cartridge and insert a new one? I've got some arriving tomorrow.(sat.)

Mike

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, that is a good idea, because I said this can happen due to defective cartridges or clogged nozzles. Please let me know the result.