Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Cant switch off the green feeder light on my canon pixma 9000

Customer Question

Cant switch off the green feeder light on my canon pixma 9000 mkii
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Can you explain this a little more please?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The front feeder green light is on. If I press it it won't switch off. I have looked in canon manual and it says I have error 1281, but the front loader has never been used.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Have you tried switching the paper source to the front tray and then back?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I thought I would try using the front feeder as the light was on, but still no joy.Still says error 1281, says front tray needs to be put in its normal printing position, which it is.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Have you already tried opening it and cleaning the edges around it before closing it again?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just tried that, still no joy, it's as though there is a problem with the light itself in that I can't switch it off. As I said earlier, I have never used the front feed option, so I cant understand that as I am the only person who uses this printer, why it has suddenly lit up.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Did you change the paper source on the printer or your computer?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On the printer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried it on my imac and I have a macbook pro which has just had a software update. Even when the printer is not connected to the computer as soon as I switch the printer on, after the usual start up noises the green light then comes on. I am on the imac at this moment and its version OSX 10.6.8,

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Please try changing the paper source from the iMac instead of on the printer and let me know if anything changes.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Freddy, thanks for your help, and fast responses. Sods law has prevailed and I have got a visitor, so I'll have to go. Have a good weekend. Thanks Carol

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Ok well if you want to continue you can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and click on my questions at the top. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.