jnayes
jnayes, Technician
Experience:  10+ years Network Administration, print servers/share
2888018

I have a Dell Computer With windows 7 installed. Of late I

Customer Question

I have a Dell Computer With windows 7 installed. Of late I have been experiencing problems when I want to print a document.
It takes a long time ( up to 60 seconds ) for the printer to respond to the "Print" command.
To-day, I cannot get any response at all.
A sign comes up saying "Windows not Responding"
Category: Printers
Expert:  jnayes replied 3 years ago.
Greetings and welcome to Justanswer.

What is the make and model of the printer and how is it connected? For example: USB (straight plug into your computer) or networked (wireless or ethernet).

Please advise.

Also, the system type of Windows 7 would be helpful (32-bit or 64-bit). To get this, go to start, right click Computer and click properties. System type will be half way down the page that appears.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Printer is an Epson stylus SX515W and is connected to my computer via a USB cable

My computer operates a 64bit system

Expert:  jnayes replied 3 years ago.
Alrighty.

First, I'd like you to go to start > devices and printers. Locate the Epson and uninstall it from there (right click, remove device).

Then go to start > control panel, locate programs and features. In there, find the Epson package for the printer and uninstall it.

At this time, unplug the epson from the computer.

Go here:

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=emW65r3CP2HPoSNqp8ZaNRBso8RMaDzegqBwYPAQVKMU003D&tc=6

Download the 6.62 driver and run the installation. It'll ask you to plug the epson back in at some point during the wizard, do so, but try to a use a different USB port if possible.

Continue with the install. Once completed, test the printer again to see if it's functioning correctly.

Remember to Rate my assistance once we've resolved the issue, if not or you need clarification on any of my steps please use the reply button so I can continue to assist you. If I don't respond right away, I will the moment I can.