Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.
I am extremely sorry for the inconvinience, first "Chrombox" or "Chrombook" are model names, both uses Google Chrome OS, so there is no basic difference in them. Now, your printer is "Google Cloud Print Ready" printer, that means you can print dirctly from your chrombox laptop, but not through the router, instead of that you can print from any laptop, which can access Internet. First, you have to configure the printer to enable the "Google Cloud Print Ready" feature, you can do that, following the instructions below from Canon. Then use the instructions to print from the chrombox, let me know after that, if you face any problem.
What to do - Outline -
You need to perform the following to use your Canon printer for Google Cloud Print:
1. Prepare the following:
a) Google account information (Your e-mail address and password to log in Google.)
b) Printer Supporting Google Cloud Print
c) PC, smartphone, or other types of PDA connected to the Internet
d) One sheet of A4 plain paper
2. Check the printer connection environment.
The printer needs to be connected to the Internet via an access point or router.
3. Register the printer to Google Cloud Print.
Preparing the items required
To use the printer for Google Cloud Print, you need to register the printer to Google Cloud Print.
Prepare the following:
a) Google account information
Your e-mail (Gmail) address and password to log in to Google.
If you do not have them, you have to create your own account.
To create an account, access to the Google Accounts page, or click [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] in the upper right corner of the Gmail: Email from Google (Google log-in) page.
The pages you will see may differ from the ones given below.
c) PC, smartphone, or other types of PDA
The PC, Smartphone, or other types of PDA needs to be connected to the Internet (including via the 3G line).
d) One sheet of A4 plain paper
Checking the printer connection environment
To use the printer for Google Cloud Print, the printer needs to be connected to the Internet.
Confirm that the printer is connected to an access point or router, and that the access point or router is connected to the Internet.
If the printer is not connected to the access point or router, download the manual [ Guide for Printer Setup for Network ] (PDF) from the Canon download site, and follow the instructions to establish the connection.
* To use those services on the intranet, open Port 5222 (both on the PCs and the intranet).
Registering the printer to Google Cloud Print
Follow the procedures below to register the printer to Google Cloud Print.
1. Check that the printer is turned on.
2. Load one sheet of A4 size or Letter size plain paper.
3. Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp blinks 15 times, then release the button.
Printing of the network setup information starts.
This printout is used later in the registration process.
4. Open the web browser of your PC, smartphone, or other types of PDA. In the address entry box of the browser, enter the text that you see on the printout in the "IPv4 IP Address" line.
For example, with the printout shown above, enter "http://192.168.11.3" in the box.
5. The Remote UI starts and the top window is displayed.
6. Select [ Google Cloud Print setup ] -> [ Register with Google Cloud Print ].
7. When the confirmation screen to register the printer is displayed, select [ Yes ].
8. In the print setup for Google Cloud Print, select the display language, and then select Authentication.
9. The log-in page for Google Clout Print will open in the web browser. Enter your account information you prepared in the step [ Preparing the items required ], and click Sign in.
10. The printer confirmation page will be displayed. Click the button to complete registration of the printer.
11. In the Remote UI, confirm that "Registration with Google cloud Print completed" is displayed, and select [ OK ].
The printer name displayed is used to print in Google Cloud Print.
The printer is properly registered to Google Cloud Print.
Once Google Chrome is installed, follow the steps below to enable the Google Cloud Print connector in Google Chrome.
- Log in to your user account on the Windows or Mac computer.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down to the “Google Cloud Print” section. Click Add printers.
- If prompted, sign in with your Google Account.
If you signed up for 2-step verification, you need to enter an application-specific password instead of your Google Account password. You can generate the application-specific password on your Authorizing applications and sites page.
- Select the printers you want to connect, and then click Add printer(s).
The printer is now associated with your Google Account and connected to Google Cloud Print. You can print to this printer whenever you’re signed in with the same Google Account on your Chromebook. Want to try it now? Print a Test Page
Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!