Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon Pixma9000 A3 printer which prints very dark. My

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma9000 A3 printer which prints very dark.
My 50d camera has been cleaned, my desktop computer has been calibrated by spyder and the images taken look brilliant on both camera and computer BUT when I print the images come out very dark. I am using Cannon inks , Hahnemul museum quality paper but always dark prints. Can the printer be calibrated? If so how?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I regret that your case waited so long for a response; I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

The answer to your question depends upon what program or application, on your computer, you are printing from, quite possibly.

Also it can depend upon what computer you are printing from, to a lesser extent.

So please tell me what program on the computer you are printing from, when you get dark photo prints.

And, please inform me whether you have a Windows PC or an Apple computer.

If it is a Windows PC, then please go to

Start - Control Panel - System

on your PC, and let me know what the Windows type/version now running on your PC is. Also please check for the 'System Type', which should be about half-way down the System info window, and should be either 32-bit or 64-bit. Thanks.

(If an Apple computer, please click on the multicolored apple logo, then choose About This Mac, and read off the 10.X.x MAC OS X version #. Thanks.)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am using a Dell Vostro 220 with Windows XP. Dual machine with both 32 bit and 64 bit

Photoshp, Lightroom 3.2 and Canon Digital photo pro all give the same results

I use canon Easy Photo to print from
Please try using MS Paint to do a printout, once:

Start - All Programs - Accessories - Paint
then load the image file into Paint by
File - Open
then print it by
File - Print
and let me know whether it also turns out dark.

Then go to
Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes,
right-click on your printer's icon, and select Properties.
In the printer's Properties (known as the 'printer driver settings'), see if the printout is in any way set to 'dark' or the like.
Also go to
File - Print Preview
in MS Paint, and see whether the previewed image is dark or not.

Let me know what happens, and what you find out. Thanks.