Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My samsung CLP-315 printer stops printing after 30 sheets. I

Customer Question

My samsung CLP-315 printer stops printing after 30 sheets.
I have changed the interrupter and it works again for 30 sheets, and then the red light comes on and I cannot restart the printer again.
It starts for the 1st 10 seconds and then stops its start up cycle.
What can I do to to keep the machine running?
The s/n is 1434BAFS709194R , made 2009.
I have had the printer approx 2 years and had no trouble before.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried cleaning the machine?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have dusted the inside and removed any powder that is found in the front and the back.

I do not know how to get deep inside the printer.

Have you any thing else I could try?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I was actually referring to the rollers but it sounds like may have done that too.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this problem some thing that is beyond this web site to solve?

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the reply.

If you are able to find someone who may be able to help me, that would be good.

I assume after 7days of no help, I will get a refund on my fee I paid?

Please keep trying.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

My name is Carl I will try and help with your question.

Please could you let me know how the printer is connected to your computer is it using usb or is the printer networked?

What operating system do you use?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The printer is connected by cable , not USB , the multi pin connection.

I am using XP.

Sorry to reply so late, I have been busy .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am got my leads mixed up, the printer lead is a USB connection. I mixed it up with my scanner lead.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply,

I have a couple more questions, I am sure the problem is with the printer but I like to rule out the computer,software and drivers first because the printer fault is strange.

Does the printer have the same problem in all programs on the computer?

Have you updated the printer driver at all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have used the printer with web pages and Word and PDF files, it seems to be the same.

I have not updated the driver in the last year, as It was working well.

At the moment I feel very nervous about using it.

As I have changed the print interrupter twice, it seems to work for a while, how does the interrupter work, have they failed or has the action of replacing them, reset some thing on the printer to work again, As there seem to be no moving parts in the interrupter?