Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Hi I have two Microboards Print factory cd printers. One

Customer Question

Hi I have two Microboards Print factory cd printers.

One of them rather than printing a disc simply ejects it ie it gets onto the transport belts and just whizzes past the print heads and into the exit hopper,

Can anyone throw any light onto this please.

Bob
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think it is possible that this sort of behavior is caused (provided that the settings and setup of the two printers is identical, the working one being considered the standard since it is working...) by a sensor in the printer having a defect that causes it to not sense the disc as present, causing the printer to react by running its rollers to expel the possible 'CD jam' - and event which I have never heard of, but which is no doubt severe enough.

Let me know what you think, and also whether the defective printer is still less than a year from its purchase date as a new machine. Thanks.