Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

my CLP300 refuses to print . I switch on it goes through the

Customer Question

my CLP300 refuses to print . I switch on it goes through the the set-up sequence sonds like its about to print but just goes clunk and comes to a stop.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think it is possible that the printer has failed in some vital function, possibly a sensor or a control function... but it is too early for me to come to any certain conclusion yet.

First, let me ask some questions:

- How old is the Samsung printer in question?

- Does any error message, or error indication, appear on the printer's control panel or indicator lights?

- Check the printer's queue, on your computer, and make sure print jobs are not piling up in it - in fact, I suggest clearing all the print jobs out, and not sending anything (at first) but the very simplest of print jobs from the very simplest of programs (on Windows PCs, that would be a one-page-or-less printout from Notepad; on Apple computers, it would be a print from TextEdit or a similar bare-bones word processing program.)

Let me know, and I will advise you further. Thanks.