Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

MX 870 printer, scanner error code 2,151,44 moving it to new

MX 870 printer, scanner error code 2,151,44 moving it to new windows 8 pro PC
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Tony! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Were you able to scan with this printer on this new windows 8 PC previously?

Are you still able to print?

Are you still able to scan with this printer on the old computer?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it worked okay for past year or so on the old windows XP PC, first time I'ver used the scanner after transferring data, etc to new Windows 8 pro and got this error code

When was the last time you were able to scan with the old windows xp PC?

Are you able to print to this printer on this new computer?

On the new windows 8 PC, did you download and install the Drivers MP driver and the Software MP Navigator... at the Canon website below?

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx870#DriversAndSoftware

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

withinthe last week. when last used - been no previous problem. Not tried printer on new machine.

NO haven't downloaded, etc. Occurred to me that might be a problem.

I must leave for now, my wife is waiting to go out! You have my e-mail can we get in touch tomorrow morning Tony

You're welcome. All you need to do is to download/install the MP driver and MP navigator software at the website below on the new windows 8 PC:

OK, please get back to me tomorrow. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me any time. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks - now worXXXXX, XXXXX

You're welcome. Great, I'm glad you got it working now. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you for replying back.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX reply yesterday, and scored good for your efforts; all is working okay now. Cheers, Tony

You're welcome. Please rate my service on this page if you can. Thank you again.