Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canon Printer Pixma ip4200 and cannot get rid of red

Customer Question

I have a Canon Printer Pixma ip4200 and cannot get rid of red bands across the printed output (coloured photographs) . Have tried all maintenance options over and over again. Have tried replacing cartridges. Looks like a printer head problem? Can this be replaced?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried manually cleaning the machine by hand?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After tying all obvious maintenance, several times, I tried taking out all cartridges, removing printer head?, washing and drying as described on the internet. G

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Did anything change at all when you did that?
Does this happen on photo copies as well?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. No.

2. Yes - copies from/via Epsom Scanner

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
Ok unfortunately then you would indeed need to replace the print head.
Though it sounds like you already suspected that.

You can get a replacement print head from here: Click Here
The part number is XXXXX in case you want to look for it somewhere else.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If this machine is under a year old Canon will normally cover the part under warranty. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.