Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

My pixmamg5350 will not connect to my router it finds the network

Customer Question

My pixmamg5350 will not connect to my router it finds the network but keeps asking for a code my ipad is working fine but I do not have a laptop any more
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

you won't be able to connect to the wifi without knowing your wifi password

Nathan :

I can't tell you want it is, and neither can anyone else,

Nathan :

but I may be able to help you look it up

Nathan :

The first thing you can try is to look at the router/modem, there is typically a factory default password (known as a KEY or PIN) printed there. If that doesn't work, it means the default password has been changed/customized. In that event, we can try to look it up via your ipad or a computer. To do that, let me know the make/model of your router please

Nathan :

Note as well that if your router has a button on it labeled WPS, you would need to push that first, prior to entering the pin into the printer

JACUSTOMER-cjs4rmyp- : It is sky broadband wireless router model net gear model it does not have wps button I have tried putting in the network key it's tsjczqqc but that don't work either
Nathan :

Nathan :

are you sure that is the correct wifi key? Have you used it successfully with other devices?

Nathan :

And if you think it is correct, are you sure you're entering it properly? The password is case sensitive, so upper/lower case does matter.

Nathan :

Otherwise, the next step is to try to look up the proper network name/password, from the router configuration menu,

Nathan :

From the address bar of your web browser, go to http://192.168.0.1 OR http://192.168.1.1 OR http://routerlogin.net - note you may have to try each to find the one that works for your router (click for link to open in new window)

Default User: admin
Default Password: password (or blank, or 1234)

This will log you in to the router admin/configuration page. Look for the Wireless or Wireless Security tab.
Here you will see your SSID (network name) and your security/encryption key (password)