Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a Canon Pro 9500 Mark 2. It was registered as below:- Registration

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pro 9500 Mark 2.

It was registered as below:-
Registration name: Keith Howes
Photoshop Elements

1057-1444-7798-7442-7820-0306

Pro Pixma

Having considerable problems, like error message 6502 which is meaningless.

When replacing cartridges, first it seems OK, then says the ink requires replacement when it fact is has just been replaced. After, that cartridge is the wrong one, so replace yet gain.

Help please.
[email protected]

login:[email protected]

Where I live, TRNC (Northern Cyprus) no way to find a dealer who can fix.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you do the following please

First hold down resume button and then hold down power button so both are held down at same time

When the green light comes on, continue holding down power button and let resume button go, then press resume button twice. Then let power button go.

Then press resume button four times, power button should be released before doing this.

Wait until printer settles down, if power is off, turn on.

If power will not come on, remove power cord from back of printer, then wait 15 seconds before plugging back in again and turn power on.

Tell me please if the error is then cleared when doing this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Richard,

So for the time being have uninstalled all the Canon software, so will have to wait until tomorrow in the morning CY time. After that will try your suggestions and thereafter how do I contact your again.

Keith

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Keith.

If you are still having problems after my instructions, it means the Waste Toner Sensor has faulted and will need replacing.

This you would have to return it to the store to have done, as it will be a hardware fault.

but do my instructions first, as this will reset the settings for this, which is a usual cause of the problem.

To reply to me tomorrow, just send a message here again, like you just did, it will come directly to me.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.