Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Hi, I cant access my photos from my macbook from my canon

Customer Question

I can't access my photo's from my macbook from my canon pixma MG8150 printer.

I can see them in the folder but cannot highlight them
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I have a notion that your difficulty with image files / photos viewed on the Canon MG8150 printer, might be caused by their being of some strange origination, or perhaps simply of the wrong format for the printer to read them.

(Please clarify, by the way, just how the printer would be reading from your MacBook, if it were completely working. There are several ways your current description could be interpreted: reading off a memory card inserted in the printer, actually printing out those photo file(s), etc.)

If you have been taking RAW mode photos on your digital camea, for instance, I don't think the printer would be able to read that format (though it is possible, and I haven't looked it up yet.)

Please let me know, and mention anything you think might be significant - the more data I have on the situation, the more likely I will find the appropriate and right answer to your question.