Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

ive got a canon ip4500 printer , have clean and changed all

Customer Question

ive got a canon ip4500 printer , have clean and changed all ink cartridges and the pink one wont print, not even coming though on nozzel test.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

Can you tell me, how do you have cleaned the printhead ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have taken it out and wiped with cotton bub and the cartridges

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Do you have taken out and cleaned both printhead and cartridges ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes have cleaned both, all other ink is coming though , but no pink,not even a slight mark.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Can you check the ink level and let me know, if the pink or magenta ink is showing correct ink level or not, this will help me to determine the exact fault .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yeh all ink levels are good, made sure they were'nt low showing full.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rochelle for all the updates, now as you have already tried to clean the printhead, manually and as the ink levels are showing correctly that, means the problem is with the printhead nozzles, sometimes the nozzles get clogged with dust particles and wiping them with cotton swab do not solve the problem. You can try to clean them once more with IP alcohol or distilled water, if the problem persist then you have to use printhead cleaning kit to flush the printhead, which will remove the jammed particles from the nozzles, you can get it from any local store or from the link below.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/UNBLOCK-Canon-print-head-iP5300-iP4500-MP810-MX850-NEW-/220517996372

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know,otherwise please remember to give rating and I request you that, do not give negative rating, as the problem is caused due to defective spare of the printer and I can only tell you, what is defective , as it is not possible for me to replace the defective spare.