Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

everything is ok when i turn the printer on BUT when i press

Customer Question

everything is ok when i turn the printer on BUT when i press the print button on my laptop it doesnt print and no error code comes up
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

are you using the kodak via wifi?

Nathan :

Assuming so, this is most likely a problem with the network configuration on the printer, which may have changed since it was installed

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

no

Nathan :

The first step here will be to remove the printer from your computer, then reinstall it

Nathan :

No you aren't using wifi?

Nathan :

You're using usb?

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

using web i have just restarted the printer

Nathan :

you mean using the google cloud print function?

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

yes

Nathan :

Are you able to print from any other device?

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

what another printer? i only have this one

Nathan :

No, I mean from another device. A different computer, phone, tablet, etc

Nathan :

You're using the cloud print function, which is intended to be used to print to this printer when away from your home network, and from other compatible devices that can't use wifi directly.

Nathan :

If you're on the same network with laptop and printer, you'd get more reliable results by installing the kodak directly as a network printer

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

i have never tried to print from my phone, i only believe in 1 computer and 1 printer and as for the tablet i am on enough pills as it is but no i dont

Nathan :

Ha. Okay,

Nathan :

do you mind if we try reinstalling the printer onto the computer

Nathan :

that will usually clear this up.

Nathan :

Go to the devices/printers menu on your computer (from start menu, or from control panel)

Nathan :

If you see the kodak there, right click it and then choose REMOVE

Nathan :

and follow the install prompts, selecting "network printer" when asked.

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

not letting me do what you asked

Nathan :

Where are you getting stuck?

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

gone into control panel pressed on printer pressed add printer then end

Nathan :

You need to remove the currently installed version of the printer first

Nathan :

before you can reinstall (add new)

Nathan :

and don't just go to add new, you need to follow the link I sent above to install using updated drivers/software

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

ca'nt even press windows update not alone have a disk

Nathan :

I haven't asked you to do either of those things.

Nathan :

I'd like to resolve this problem for you, but if you aren't going to follow my instructions explicitly, I won't be able to help.

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

but thats what comes up

Nathan :

When you go to the devices/printers folder, and right click on the kodak (if it is installed there), you should see a REMOVE option

Nathan :

that is all you need to do

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

now do i press the remove device button?

Nathan :

On the entry for the kodak, yes

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

it says removing device but hasn't

Nathan :

You might try rebooting your computer, and try it again

JACUSTOMER-e6ny2i3s- :

what do i have to do to "reboot" the computer as the printer is still not removing

Nathan :

Go to the start menu, then shut down/reboot

Nathan :

you can usually also just hold down the power button on the computer for about 10 seconds to force a reboot