Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Hi, I have a brother HL-2600CN ( I know its not made anymore,

Hi, I have a brother HL-2600CN ( I know it's not made anymore, but I use lazertran so have to have an oil based printer ).
The toner is not adhering to the paper, it can easily be smudged ?
Cheers, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Not being transferred to the page can be caused by a couple different things.

I really hate to have to tell you this but doing that while also being able to wipe off the ink means the fuser is failing and needs to be replaced.
You can get a new fuser unit from here: Click Here it is responsible for fusing/melting the toner onto the page.

Unfortunately since this machine is no longer manufactured the parts for it tend to be a little more expensive.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine, if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only, not this site, or your machine.
.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy,

Thanks for that, I would buy a new printer, but finding a new one that is capable of printing on lazertran is almost impossible, any reccomendations ?

Cheers, XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
There is actually a list made by lazertran specifically for this: Click Here
When it comes to laser though the best is always Xerox so I would go with one of those machines, second in my opinion would be the Canon machines.

The phaser 8400 which can print on lazertran on the heavy paper setting and is what I would choose personally from that list.
.