Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My canon ipf605 says maintenance cartridge no capacity, replace

My canon ipf605 says maintenance cartridge no capacity, replace cartridge but it is stuck on that screen cant access menu or ok buttons to replace cartridge.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
First enter into service mode on your printer:

Turn off the printer
For the next step, follow the directions for your printer one of these 3 will work for yours.

For iPFX00 printers: Turn the printer on while holding down the Feeder Selection and Information buttons until you see "Initializing" on printer LCD
For iPFX100 printers: Turn the printer on while holding down the Feeder Selection and Information buttons until you see "Starting Up" on printer LCD
For iPFX300 printers: Turn the printer on while holding the Navigate and Load buttons

"S" is displayed in the upper right corner of the LCD display (middle right side for iPFX300 printers)
Message light will continue flashing while in service mode that is normal.

Press "Menu". There will be a new entry called "SERVICE MODE" with a different menu structure and navigation system.
Familiarize yourself with the following facts while in this menu:

Left and right change the categories.
Down and up go into, and out of (respectively) submenus.
From what I've read, the service mode is very powerful - lots of opportunities to really mess things up. Be careful.

Select "Service Mode" as you normally would, i.e. scroll down, then press OK.
Press the right arrow until you see "Initialize".

Press the down arrow.
Press the right arrow until "W-INK" is displayed. (Note: be sure you select "W-INK" from the "Initialize" choices instead of "W-INK - CHG CNT" which sounds like just the thing, but doesn't work.)

Press OK.
The display should show "=W-INK" for about half a second, then plain "W-INK".

Press up until you get back to the main menu. Press information until the maintenance cartridge capacity is displayed.
The maintenance cartridge capacity is now 100% (aka empty).

Press and hold Power to turn off your printer.
Turn it back on normally.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.