Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Printer new MG5350 Just installing and got to question about

Printer new MG5350 Just installing and got to question about language when error no 5011 came saying Printer Error.What do I need to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Before we start I want to make sure you are aware it is possible you need to replace a part in order to fix this.
If this is a new machine and the error is showing on the LCD I would immediately return it and exchange it for another.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is brand new so I have to return it which is very annoying.Nothing else can be done?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I completely understand how frustrating and annoying that can be and wish I could give you better news. The 5100 errors an ink cartridge problem and can mean the print head itself which they sit inside of has failed. This can also be caused by a failing logic board, it is possible it is just a bad ink cartridge but it is not worth the risk since it is a new machine. As this error could signal the board is defective hundreds of these are manufactured by Canon at a time, and a defective one will sometimes get to the shelves. Some stores also for some reason put defective machines back on the shelves (walmart in the USA is notorious for this) and then will sell it again.Since this is a sign of possible future problems I would not recommend keeping the machine at all. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.