Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Im looking for a Windows Installation Disc for a Canon MG5300

I'm looking for a Windows Installation Disc for a Canon MG5300 Printer. Unfortunately I have mislaid mine and require a replacement rather quickly.
Are you able to help please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I can not send you a disc but I can help you install the printer without the disc, would that be ok?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would your instructions be suitable for a pc running XP and using the printer wirelessly?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
What model wireless router are you using?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
TalkTalk
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is your internet provider, I need the model of the wireless router they gave you to make sure your machine can be set up with it on wifi. It should say the model on it somewhere.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Freddy, but I really require an Installation Disc, I can set up using USB.

Just thought you could guide me to obtaining the disc I require.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX could do that but as I said before I, nor anyone else can send you a disc, the reason for that is they are packed with the machine itself.
All I can do is send you all the files that were on the disc.
For that go to this page: Click Here
Below the picture click on drivers and software.

Then below that click on drivers to expand it.
Do the same for software, everything that was on the disc will be listed.

I suggest trying the master set-up under software first as it include the network took if you plan on using wifi.
However you will most likely need your SSID and network key which would either be labelled on the router or you would need to get from TalkTalk.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.