Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My xerox colorqube 8570 shows error 91,721.00:2600 then cuts

Customer Question

My xerox colorqube 8570 shows error 91,721.00:2600 then cuts out
Category: Printers
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 2 years ago.

nathan_mills :

Hello. This is Nathan. Welcome to justanswer.

nathan_mills :

This is a Printhead Tilt Fault

nathan_mills :

You have to follow four initial steps out of which you have already followed the first one i.e. to reboot the printer.

nathan_mills :

Check that the Process Drive gear train is properly homed

nathan_mills :

To rehome the Process drive:- Reboot the printer. (Use the Sleep button on the Control Panel to cycle the Printhead into and out of Sleep 10 times to test the Printhead Tilt.). Does the Process Drive stay in time?

nathan_mills :

I am giving you this link. Check it

nathan_mills :

LINK

nathan_mills :

Go to page 2-29 and follow all the steps. If you get any problem then reply me I will assist you further.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

This is far too technical to be of any use to me, I've pressed the sleep button 10 times and now the printer shows initializing but doesn't move beyond that

nathan_mills :

Ok give me a moment... I will give you a step by step procedure.

nathan_mills :

Have you disrupted with the wiring harnesses in any way?

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

Will have to contact you tomorrow

nathan_mills :

When you will reply, I will get notified.

nathan_mills :

You have not responded since two days. May I know the status of your problem.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

I am no further on

nathan_mills :

As you wish. You can end the chat and please rate it positively. Cheers. Have a nice day. Regards Nathan.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

i want to mend my printer please assist

nathan_mills :

Give me a moment.

nathan_mills :

I wanted to ask if you have you done anything with the internal wiring by yourself?

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

no the printer was unplugged but that is all

nathan_mills :

Okay. That means this error has nothing to do with the wiring harness.

nathan_mills :

I am checking with the service manual and will give you some steps which you will have to perform.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

ok

nathan_mills :

You have already used the sleep button, right?

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

which is that i've pressed the dormant but 10 times

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

i've restarted the printer now, its starting up and the xerox logo is showing. i will press the dormant button 10 times.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

now it has switched itself off

nathan_mills :

you don't have to press it 10 times. Just turn it on then press sleep.Repeat this for at least 10 times. This is to cycle the printhead in and out.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

N

nathan_mills :

After this check the printhead assembly for possible visible ink spots.

nathan_mills :

Also check the bearing surfaces, chassis under the Head tilt gear, if there are any ink strains?

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

nathan your advice hasn't come through. the screen said please wait and I've waited for 10 minutes but i've no instructions to follow.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

What is the check I've to do?

nathan_mills :

Full Size Image

nathan_mills :

In this diagram, you can some connectors. Check all the connectors in the printers. Push all them a little bit.

nathan_mills :

Do you see any ink spots inside the assembly?

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

Where are the connectors on the printer?

nathan_mills :

There was a technical fault.

nathan_mills :

I didnt get your last reply.

nathan_mills :

If there was no strain of ink, then next step would be to check the cone-nut on the X-Axis Motor lead screw shaft. Is the cone-nut damaged or broken?

nathan_mills :

Full Size Image

nathan_mills :

Check the cone- nut in the picture above.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

there was a slight trace of yellow ink on the grey plastic curved cover over the wiring. The cone nut I think is fine nothing looks broken or damaged at all

nathan_mills :

Clean the ink. The printhead must have overflowed.

nathan_mills :

Tight the connections (from which ribbon like wires are coming)

nathan_mills :

Then turn the printer again and see if the error persists or not.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

Where are these connections Can you tell me a point on the printer to go to, thanks

nathan_mills :

These are in the printhead assembly.

nathan_mills :

Full Size Image

nathan_mills :

If the error still persists then you will have to replace the printhead.

nathan_mills :

You will have to contact xerox for replacing the printhead assembly. Thanks and please the rate chat positively.

JACUSTOMER-e7z3pj84- :

Nathan you are not helping me find the relevant parts of the printer to work on and I have made no progress at all

nathan_mills :

The error was Printhead tilt fault. This is caused by the problem in printhead. I made you follow all the initial steps by which it would have caused. But since the error is still there so it means you will have to replace the printhead assembly. Thanks for the rating. I hope some other expert might help you. I am opting out.

nathan_mills :

Please end the chat.