Sudipto
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Printer plugged in no power

Customer Question

Printer plugged in no power
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Do you checked the printer, after connecting to another wall outlet ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes No power

john

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Do you have any power adapter attached with the power cord of the or the power cord directly connects with the printer from wall outlet .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Power connected direct into printer

john (no fuse on plug)

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.

Thanks John for all the information, now as the printer not powering up, it is clear that the problem is caused due to any hardware fault of the printer. As this is a online support site, I can only tell you, what you have to do, to solve the problem.

The first reason for this fault can be the power cord.

The second reason can be the internal power unit of the printer.

To confirm the exact fault, first you have to check the power cord with a multi meter and if the cord is fine then, you have to completely dismantle the printer, to replace the power unit.

To dismantle the printer, you will need a service manual, in which you will find the step by step instrucitions for it, I can help you to find one.

But, if you want to repair the printer at home then, you will need a little bit experience in electronics repairing.

Otherwise you can get it repaired from any local repair shop.

Please let me know, what you want to do, I am ready to help you, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.