Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Hi.I have a scanner 9950F using an iMac with OS Lion.When I

Customer Question

Hi.I have a scanner 9950F using an iMac with OS Lion.When I click on ..Scan...the following message comes up "failed to open a driver".Have checked all leads etc and any suggestions will be welcome as I don't have anything else to try and have some scanning to do.
many thanks! XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Was it working before or have you just tried to install it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Freddy it has worked before but this problem has occasionally cropped up before and has mysteriously resolved itself. However this time it is driving me mad and wasting time so I am hoping you c an suggest something to try.

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok can you confirm you are using lion and not mountain lion for me?
If you are not sure click on the apple menu and then on about this mac.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes....my OS is Lion not Mountain Lion!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok can you test it with a different usb cable for me?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry this is difficult as I don't have a spare available.I normally use the Firewire route but have this morning tried both ....separatly of course... but with the same result.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that rules out the cable, next we need to figure out which is not communicating properly the Mac or the scanner. The easiest way to do that is to install the scanner on a different computer even a friends laptop would work just to see if it works properly.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I see your point but as I have difficulty getting out and about it may take some days to arrange an alternative computer.Looks like I have a problem eh.Can I contact you again without having to pay the fee twice?

Thanks anyway.

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
As long as you come back to this page you should not be charged again, in order to get back to me go to justanswer.co.uk and click on my questions at the top. You can take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks !

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome.
.