Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Canon Pixma MX 885 has slowed as if it need to think about

My Canon Pixma MX 885 has slowed as if it need to think about every operation and the ADF feed for the scanner operates erratically, jamming over 50% of attempts. Advice [please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried cleaning the machine?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok please remove all paper and try a single page does it feed in to one side more than the other?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have removed the paper, placed one sheet in the ADF and pressed the black go button. the printer/ scanner thought about it for 35 seconds and thence reverted to the start of the scan process. I re-pressed the go button and it scanned the document.

The fault is intermittent and and failure to feed or stopping feeding in the middle of a sheaf of documents occurs over 50% of the time

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok turn the machine off and turn it on it's side make sure there are no small bits of paper jammed here:

Then put the machine back and open the ADF's document cover:

Make sure there is no jam here either. You will also want to spin the rollers and make sure they spin freely. Look closely as a tiny piece of paper can cause what you are describing. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.