Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I need to replace the waste ink absorber on my Canon iP6600D

I need to replace the waste ink absorber on my Canon iP6600D printer, how do I do it and where can I buy a spare?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Is the machine giving you an error? If it is what is the exact and entire error including any numbers?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It comes up with Error code 5B00

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Step 1. Enter Service Mode

* Plug in power cable to electric source.
* Press and hold RESUME/CANCEL button
* Press POWER button
* Release RESUME/CANCEL button
* Press RESUME/CANCEL button twice in a row

Step 2. Reset Waste Ink Counter Operation

* Press RESUME/CANCEL button 4 times in a row
* Turn of the printer and then turn on again the printer. the Ink counter has been reseted

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi as soon as I switch the machine on it automatically comes up with error code so can't get into service section!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please follow the steps I gave you exactly as I gave them to you ignore the error.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's still the same Cry

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Wasn't able to help me!
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you today.

I am your new expert, I will try to help you further. As this is a hardware error, the best solution to solve this problem is to replacing the absobers, but in that case the price of the absorber, along with the service manual (which will help you to dismantle the printer) will be same as of a new printer, I can give you the steps to clean the absorbers, would you like to try them out ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue with cleaning the absorbers idea, thank you.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for giving me the chance, as this is a hardware fault, please do not give a negative rating for this fault, because sometimes the cleaning does not work, if the absorbers are completely damaged and you have to replace them. But, most of the time the cleaning process, solves this problem, without replacing the absorbers. I can help you to do that also.

Here are the steps...

1. 100_1698rz_26.jpg
    1
    Open your printer.

2
    To protect hands from Ink wear thin latex (or similar) gloves.
    3
    Locate the Waste Ink Pads on the inside of your printer. They are on the right hand side and are quite small.
    4
    You can remove the pads and the holder with a gentle pull.
    5
    Using a tissue, soak up as much ink as possible and clean the area around the waste ink area.
    6
    There is one more waste holder in the right back bottom of the printer. A kind of sponge. There are few screws and plastic parts to be removed and this sponge needs to be washed, dried and placed again. Be careful and patient. This is no understatement. On the iP1500 this requires the dismantling of most of the printer. Take a photograph (even with your cell phone) so you can trace back your steps. On the iP1500 the drive motor on the side (Just behind the waste ink pads) has to be removed to get to the main sponge. You also need to take care as you lift the slide/carriage. Below this you find 5 little springs.
    7
    Carefully replace the holder and the pads. Close printer.
    8
    Whilst printer is disconnected from the mains power, press and hold the power button and reconnect to ac power.
    9
    Release the power button.
    10
    Press the power button again.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience: Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing