Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Hi I have a canonMG6150 printer that I have inherited from

I have a canonMG6150 printer that I have inherited from a relative. It has not really been used for over 12 months. I replaced all the ink jets and have cleaned etc as per printer instructions. But the print result (printing photos) is not good, with only a couple of colours present. I have checked all the jets and made sure that all packaging is removed.

Any advice

regards

jenny
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried cleaning the machine?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I have cleaned it as per instructions on the printer settings

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that is normally a software cleaning, Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I will try it now
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok take your time and let me know the results when you can.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi freddy

not sure if my last response went through. It is better but not as bright as I would have hoped. I cleaned it twice just in case

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I did not recieve it before thank you for posting again, did it get better the second time? If it did please repeat the steps one last time. It can take up to 3 cleanings this way before you see a proper improvement.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will do

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok let me know the results afterwards please, take your time.
.