Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Epson stylus printer D92.

Epson stylus printer D92. An excellent printer which has served me well for 6/7 years. Without warning, the machine refuses to print from the Magenta cartridge.The monitor indicates a fairly full cartridge, which I've taken out and reinstalled several times. I've cleaned the jets several times. I've switched the printer off and on.Also, I've switched off both computer,a desktop, using Windows XP, and the printer; diconnected them,switched on the D92 and tried to print a nozzle check holding down the maintainance button, but this didn't work,at all. Any ideas please, what I should do now. Don XXXXXXX

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried cleaning the machine by hand?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm not sure how to clean the printer by hand.Not having any technical expertise with computers, printers etc., I'm hesitant to 'go inside' the machine with some sort of cleaner. How would I go about this operation,please? Don.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I apologize but your response came through blank?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddie, thanks for your help. I did try to contact you after the message went through as a blank!! I sent an email by another route to say that the printer was now working well.Thanks very much for your excellent advice.Best wishes. Don Hargreaves.