Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My HP5510 printer was working perfectly yesterday but I think

Customer Question

My HP5510 printer was working perfectly yesterday but I think my grandchildren used it and did not shut it down correctly, it will not print now, I have new HP cartridges in place but when I try to print the paper goes in a little way and stops and a message comes up that I need to replace the colour cartridges but I have done that and received a message to say they are genuine HP cartridges. I have cleared the paper jam and tried printing several times but the same thing keeps happening. Please help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you do this as the first step please.

Remove the power from the printer and hold the power button down for 35 seconds, then release.

Then wait 5 minutes, connect the printer to the power and then try to print.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done as you said, but the same problem remains, I click on print and the paper goes in a little way and stops so no printing. When I turn printer on a message came up to say that the On button must be used to close the printer down, which I always do, so I do not know what the kids did yesterday

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Can you do the following please.

Press the Power button to turn on the product.

With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 15 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

Tell me if it now prints please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No same problem the paper is going in about 2-3 inches and stopping and also a message coming up saying the colour cartridges need replacing when they are full.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, what happens when you do the following?

Load plain white A4 size paper in the tray.

From the control panel home screen on the printer itself, touch the Right Arrow, and then touch the Setup icon

Touch Tools , and then touch Print Quality Report . A Print Quality
Diagnostic Report prints.

Does it print this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No print same problem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Your grandchildren did not cause this, but it is the print headthat has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by restarting it. The fact that the problem continues after doing my instructions, confirms this.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have the print head replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you The warranty has run out

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

ok, the cost of repairing this will exceed the value of the printer, this is always the case with these printers. I really advise you replace the printer by purchasing a new printer, as if you repair this, even with the costs, it is not going to last as long as a new printer from my experience.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

.