Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I am getting a printer not connected message when I try to

Customer Question

I am getting a printer not connected message when I try to print photos from IPhoto on my Macbook Pro. I have tried using three different cables but am getting the same error message or a printer offline message. Any ideas what the problem might be?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Is it possible for you to test the machine on a different computer? That way we can know for sure if the problem is being caused by the computer or the printer.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't use other computer will not recognise the Canon Pixma 9000 ii

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok so neither computer will recognize the printer even with a different cable?
How old is the machine? Can you blow out the port on the printer itself for the cable and test it one more time with 2 different cabled on each computer for me please?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Printer has now gone offline but I have linked the computer with another printer and it is working fine

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

three years

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Did you happen to buy an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no but it would have been out of warranty now as the maximum extension was three years

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
On these machines it is 3 years + the 1 year factory warranty making it around 4 normally. Unfortunately what you are describing normally means the port on the main board has failed. The port is integrated onto the board so you normally need to replace the entire board to fix it. However if you call around to smaller local shops you may be able to find someone who can resolder a new port instead but very few shops will do this. The part itself normally costs around $100 £72 and any local computer or electronics technician should be able to do it. Even if you were to try to do it yourself you would need them to order the part for you as it is not available to consumers otherwise. The labour cost at a shop would be about $65 £50 or $75 £65 depending on the shop.You can however get a used replacement cheaper than that here: Click Here Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.