Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

hi ive just purchased a acer720 chromebook without realising

hi ive just purchased a acer720 chromebook without realising there is no drawer to upload my epson stylussx218 printer is there any other way of getting the printer to work with this computer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Chromebooks do not work with printers the same way other computers do they only work with printers connected to the cloud, or that are cloud enabled.

Yours is not cloud enabled so we would need to connect it to the google cloud using a windows or mac computer.
You can not connect it directly to the chromebook, do you have a windows or mac computer it is set up on?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi last laptop crashed! so have nothing else but i can get access to another computer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok well I would like to warn you then that the only time you would be able to print over the cloud is when that computer youget access to is on and connected to the printer. Otherwise you would need to get a cloud ready printer.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks freddy

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok when you are able to set it up let me know and I will walk you through it. If you plan on getting a cloud ready printer instead I can help you find one of those as well.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Freddy what's the cheapest compatible cloud ready printer?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Anything listed on this page is cloud ready: Click Here
The Epson xp-200 is probably the cheapest.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.