Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Digital Photo Printer FDP-100 which is connected to

Customer Question

I have a Digital Photo Printer FDP-100 which is connected to a Samsung S730 camera. The printer has never worked. The power light is on and it ticks away with the noise of a grandfather clock but will not print. I have checked paper and ribbon and they are both fine. Is there anything else I could try
Category: Printers
Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.

Wes :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Wes and I will be assisting you today.

Wes :

It sounds like the print carriage is jammed, if you can open the access door to the print head, you can try to carefully move it left or right to see if it unjams. If it doesn't and shows no signs of movement the printer will likely need to be replaced.

JACUSTOMER-pd8i529n- :

I have taken the top off but without a diagram I cannot see where the print head is. I have tried prodding whatever moving parts I can see without success

Wes :

any chance you can take a picture of the area inside and post a picture by using the attach feature in chat? You should see a paper clip icon below that will let you attach pictures

Wes :

Remember this chat is realtime and interactive so try not to run off right away when you respond.