Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

waiting on answer re printer not printing

Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you today.

Sorry for the incovience, as I cannot see any of your previous question, can you tell me, what is the problem with your printer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my printer is just giving out blank sheets,i replaced ink carthridge but it is still the same

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Do you have tried anything else, except replacing the cartridges ? to solve the problem, please let me know, so that I can skip those same steps .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no did nothing else

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Michael for the update, now this problem can be caused due to clogged printhead or due to some wrong software settings on your PC, so to confirm the exact fault, please try to copy (not scan) and document and let me know the result.

Reply me back, if you need the instructions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried to copy but gave me blanks

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the problem is in the printer, as the copy fucntions have no relation with the PC.

My first solution to solve this problem are chcking for proper ventilation and cleaning the printhead, using the automated process of the printer, if the problem persist then, I will give you other solutions.

Make sure that the cartridges are properly vented and installed correctly

Follow these steps to make sure that the cartridges are properly vented and installed correctly.
  1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
  2. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the printer.
    Figure 7: Open the cartridge access door
    Image of opening the cartridge access door
  3. Press in the tab on the front of the cartridge to release it, and then pull it up and out to remove it from its slot.
    • If the error message mentions a specific cartridge, locate that cartridge, and then remove it from the carriage. Continue with the next step.
    • If the error message does not mention a specific cartridge, remove all the cartridges, one at a time. Continue with the next step.
    Figure 8: Remove the cartridge
    Image of removing a cartridge
  4. Examine the vent area on each cartridge, above the HP logo on the top of the cartridge.
    Figure 9: Vent area
    Image of the cartridge vent area
    • If the cartridge still has the orange tab attached, remove it.
      Figure 10: Orange tab
      Image of the orange pull-tab
    • If the vent is clogged, clean it carefully with a pin.
      Figure 11: Properly vented
      Figure 12: Clogged vent
  5. Repeat these steps to inspect the vents on each of the cartridges.
  6. After inspecting the cartridges to make sure that they are vented correctly, reinstall each cartridge.
    With the cartridge contacts facing the printhead, slide the cartridge into the empty slot, and then press down on the cartridge until it snaps firmly into place.
    Figure 13: Reinstall the cartridge
    Image of reinstalling the cartridge
  7. Close the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the right side of the printer.
    Figure 14: Close the cartridge access door
    Image of closing the cartridge access door

Step four: Run an automated tool to clean the printhead

Follow these steps to run a utility to clean the printhead.
  1. Load plain white paper in the paper tray.
  2. Touch the ATM button ( ) next to the Setup icon in the lower-left corner of the control panel.
  3. Touch the Right Arrow button to select Tools , and then touch OK .
  4. Touch the Right Arrow button to select Clean Printhead , and then touch OK . The printer starts the cleaning process.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Did the problem got solved ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cleaning print head solved problem thank you very much

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the update.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do not require more info.thanks