Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Hello, I have replaced my HDD wirh a SSD and my HP2025dn Lasejet

Hello, I have replaced my HDD wirh a SSD and my HP2025dn Lasejet printer will not print double sided, the option in finishing has a tick box to enable but it only does manual now
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me which paper you are using for this please. Is it Glossy Paper?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No ordinary 80gsm

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Jim

Can you do the following on your computer

Click Start

Select Devices and Printers

Right click on the printer icon

For Printer Properies, Choose the Device Settings tab

For Installable Options, Choose the Duplex Unit (for 2 sided-printing). Choose Installed

Apply and OK

Right click on the printer icon

For Printing Preferences, Choose the Finishing tab

choose the Print on Both Sides check box

Apply and OK

Restart the computer and tell me if it is now printing double sided please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Done that, checked box: print both sides (manual) it will not print duplex automatically, it tells me to reinsert paper

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, make sure this is set on the printer please

Do this directly on the printer

Press OK to enter the Menu.

Press the Left arrow ( ) button to navigate to Reports , and then press OK .

Press the Left arrow ( ) button to navigate to Config report , and then press OK to print a report.

Press X to exit the menu.

Check the Configuration page to see if the Duplex unit listed.

If the Duplex unit is listed, skip to the next step.

If the Duplex unit is not listed, it needs to be installed in the printer driver. Follow these steps:

Click Start or the Windows icon.

In Windows Vista, select Control Panel , and then select Printers .

In Windows XP, select Printers and Faxes .

Right click on the printer driver, select Properties , and then select the Device Settings tab.

In the Installable options section, make sure that Duplex unit is Installed and that the Allow Manual Duplexing option is Disabled .

Click Apply and then click OK .

Try again to print the Configuration page.

Make sure that the Manual Duplex option is Disabled in Properties on the Device Settings tab.

Then try to print and Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorted, Thank You very much Richard

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Jim!

We just needed to get the settings correct.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering