Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

cannon pixma mg3150 when i switch on my printer p2 error and

cannon pixma mg3150 when i switch on my printer p2 error and 2 XXXXX XXXXXghts c and b go on the ink compartments dont move across when you flip the front down
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried cleaning the machine?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i havent
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the cartridges want move to get them out
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok if the print head (carriage) is not moving over that is what is causing the issue.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can't move it
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
It should move freely, if it does not it usually means it is damaged.
To be sure using a flashlight look around it and make sure nothing is blocking it from moving.
There is a sponge like pad that can get stuck on the bottom, if it is push it back down.
The pad would be covered in ink so I would wear gloves, if you do not see it the pad is not caught.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Moved them to the middle switched on p2still flashing both XXXXX XXXXXghts flashing amber triangle next to the number flashing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Were you able to clean it after moving it the way I originally gave you?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Got an error no 5011
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is not good, how old is it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
2years old
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Did you happen to buy an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No why is dead and burried
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately it looks like you may need a new part, there is one last thing we can try though. Have you already cleaned the encoder strip? If not try cleaning that with a cloth and a very very small amount of warm water. It is the small plastic strip attached to the back of the print head (carriage) and moves along with it.

Then leave the lid lifted and unplug the machine while it is on. Plug it back in after about 30 seconds and turn it on leaving the lid lifted. Wait for the printer to stop doing anything then close the lid. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.