Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I have a Dell 1350cnw Printer It shows an error message CTD

I have a Dell 1350cnw Printer
It shows an error message CTD Sensor Dirty 092-310

Where is the sensor to clean it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question. The steps below will show how to clean the CTD sensor. Please let me know if you have any questions.

1. Turn the printer off using the power switch on the right side of the printer

2. Remove the communication cable linking the Printer to the PC
    (USB or Network/Ethernet depending on your set-up).

3. Wait 10 seconds, then turn the printer on. After the printer starts, check if the error message has cleared.

4. If the error message persists, turn the printer off using the power switch on the right side of the printer and disconnect the AC power cable.

5. Caution:
    A CAUTION: Do not touch inside the printer with your hands. Some parts may be hot. Allow time for the printer to cool before attempting to remove parts in this area.

6. Press the front cover latch and swing the front cover open (Figure 1).

7. Press the right and left end retaining tabs of the transfer roller (Figure 2) inward, then swing the transfer roller upward and lift it out of the printer.

8. Gently wipe the density sensor window with a clean dry cloth or cotton swab (Figure 3).

9. Reinstall the transfer roller, close the front cover, and reconnect the AC power cable.

10. Turn on the printer and check if the error message still occurs. If the error persists, swap with a known-good transfer roller.
    • Known-good transfer roller works: Replace the transfer roller
    • Known-good transfer roller does not work, or is not available: Contact Dell Technical Support.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service when you can. Thank you.

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting me Michael.

The Dell Printer I have does not appear to have tabs at the front to open the front cover. It is a Dell 1350 cnw. There are tabs to open the right side cover where the ink cartridges are and a back tab to remove jammed paper.

Please advise. The printer in Fig 1 does not look like the Dell I have.

Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

It is nearly 5 hours since I sent you an email advising that your recommendations were not helpful.

Please let me know when you expect to be in a position to give me a fix to my problem.

Thanks Mike

I apologize. The diagram here is of a different printer. Your sensors are located in the back and there are two. Pull down the back cover and near the middle fro top to bottom you will see the two sensors on the left and right facing outward. Just clean those with a cotton swab and then close the back.

Sorry about the delay in getting you the correct information for your printer.

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I have taken down the back cover. I cannot see two sensors as you describe.

Can you send me a diagram showing exactly where these two sensors are?

Mike

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michaeol,

The problem is now fixed!

I had a subsequent problem with paper jamming!

However this problem appears to be fixed now!

Many thanks for your help.

Mike

Expert:  replied 3 years ago.
That's great news! I'm glad I could help.

Please remember to rate my level of service here on the question when you have a moment. Thank you!

Mike
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience: 20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt