Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

my samsung clx 3305 printer is out of colour toner, but i only

my samsung clx 3305 printer is out of colour toner, but i only want to print in b&w. How do i do that?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Are you using a Mac or Windows computer?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, did my response get through? I'm on a macbook pro. Thanks!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I only just got it now, but thank you

To do this, please follow the steps on my link below to force it to print only Black and White.

Click me to view

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, did you get my last response? Your suggestion hasn't worked I'm afraid....

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, only this response.

you were able to set the printer to only print in Black and White as per the instructions I gave?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ah - no sorry. For some reason my initial emails to you aren;t going through. I can't print at all. It's not the prob with b&w. I am out of colour toner, but can't print at all. Tried what you suggested but didn't work

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, then your printer uses color in order to make Black and White, which is why we cannot force it.

Some batches had a dedicated Black and White toner which would allow you to do this, but yours does not sorry, we just confirmed this.

You need to put in a new color toner in order to print again sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.