Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Cant get my PC to recognise my new Epson printer using wi

Can't get my PC to recognise my new Epson printer using wireless
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You first need to connect the printer to the computer via the USB cable.

then install it and during this installation process, you are given the option to connect it to the wireless network.

Do this, and once this step is completed, you can then print to it wirelessly. But the inital installation needs to be done using the cable.

Do this please and If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A USB cable wasn't included with the printer.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me the model of the printer please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Epson XP-212

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

We can see if you can do this without a cable.

Do you have a WPS button on your wireless router?

If your not sure, tell me the make and model of your router please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, there is a WPS button. The router is a BT Homehub 3.0 type A

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Press the WPS on the router for 3 seconds, then release.

Then press the Wi-Fi button on your printer for 3 seconds.

After 1 minute the printer's WiFi connection light should go on.

Let me know if it has please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've done both. Only green left hand side Wifi button now on. On my PC a pop up appeared with our Wifi address. I clicked the Password XXXXX and the Admin Password XXXXX Clicked through after this and now can't get any further 'printer can't be located'.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, just to be clear, the wifi light is now on on the printer correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Both wifi lights are now solid on the printer

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, now run the installation for the printer on the computer please.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

'Printer not found...'

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, go to Start, devices and Printer and Devices.

Click on Add Printer, then choose Network.

Tell me if the printer is listed please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No printer is coming up. Should I click on 'The printer that I want isn't listed'?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, that wont help.

Power off the printer and the wifi router and wait 5 minutes.

Power on the wifi router and wait 5 minutes then power on the printer and try to add it again.

Tell me if it is now listed please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yay! It's now listed. Still won't print, but that's probably because it hasn't been used before, so I'll keep trying. Thank you very much indeed.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Great!

Correct, this will be because it has not been used before.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering