Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Kyocera FS-C5100DN - over 5 years old. Magenta colours are

Customer Question

Kyocera FS-C5100DN - over 5 years old. Magenta colours are produced about 2 cms out of alignment with the rest of teh colours
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Though setting the 'Trapping' might be faintly apposite, in reality trapping can only affect 2 pixels in width, maximum.

The question is, whether the magenta non-alignment is lateral (down the page, in its displacement) or horizontal (across the page width)? and also, it needs to be asked, what is there about the magenta section of the printer, that produces this displacement (in whatever direction) ?

One basic thing to try - esp. if you are using 'compatible' or refilled cartridges - is to replace the magenta toner cartridge. If the cartridge has not already been replaced, if the last time that it was replaced was some time ago, then you might simply have a poorly made magenta cartridge.

Let me know (on these points, and whether the magenta needs replacing etc.) Thanks.