Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

ESP C315 AiO printer has stopped printing. I am not getting

ESP C315 AiO printer has stopped printing. I am not getting anyerror messages although the pc and printer areconnected. When asked to print, it just sends out blank paper. The ink is OK.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Before we start I want to make sure you understand it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I understand

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok if you make a copy from the scanner glass does it come out blank?
Please try one in both color and black and white.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot scan - I have tried copying, but that also comes out blank.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Does both the black and the color do the same thing when you try copying?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes -

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is not a good sign, if one or the other printed there would be more we could do. How old is the machine?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About 2 years

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Did you happen to get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Darn, it is a long shot but hopefully both nozzles are clogged and it is not a deeper problem.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still nothing happening - I am going to get another set of inks and try that. Will get back to you later

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I would not do that as at least one should be printing, are they still both coming out blank?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I was afraid of that, replacing the ink cartridges nor the print head will solve this since neither is printing out. really hate to have to tell you this but after the troubleshooting we have done if the problem is still there I am sorry to say you indeed are going to require a new part. I know this is not what you want to here but I want to make sure I am honest with the information I provide you. You would need to replace the logic board in order to fix this issue.

The logic board is what tells the machine what to do and tells the print head when to draw ink. A new print head normally costs between 60 and 80. It would take about 30 minutes to an hour for a tech to replace it at their shop rate. Most Shops charge between 55 and 70 per hour. Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help - I am going to leave it for now.