Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

How to change paper type from photo paper to plain when copying

How to change paper type from photo paper to plain when copying on an Epson XP 305?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To do this

1. Press the P On button to turn on the NX300/305 Series.

2. Load letter- or A4-size plain paper, Epson Bright White Paper, or Epson
Presentation Paper Matte in the sheet feeder (see page 5).

3. Place your original document(s) on the
scanner glass or in the Automatic Document
Feeder (see page 8 or 9).

4. Press the Copy/Fax button to enter Copy
mode.

5. Press up or down or use the numeric keypad to
select the number of copies you want (up to 99).

6. To adjust print settings which you want to do, press Menu, then press up or down and select your
settings:

■ To adjust the copy size, select Reduce/Enlarge and choose either Actual,
Custom (to select a percentage using u or d or the numeric keypad), or
Auto Fit Page (to automatically size the image to fit your paper).

■ Select Paper Size to choose the size of paper you loaded.12 Copying a Document or Photo

■ Select Paper Type and make sure Plain Paper is selected for copying
documents. THIS IS WHAT YOU DO

■ To change the copy quality, select Quality and choose Standard Quality,
Best, XXXXX XXXXX (for plain paper only).

■ To adjust the darkness or lightness of the copy, select Copy Density and
choose a higher (darker) or lower (lighter) setting

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There appears to be no option to change paper type in the Settings menu

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If it is not there John, then your firmware is set to only print in plain paper, you cannot set it any other way.

I am not sure why you are giving me the worst possible rating?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The printer will only copy in photo paper mode but I want it to copy onto plain paper. I know it will copy to plain paper because it was doing so until I changed it to copy a photo. Unfortunately I cannot remember what I did to change it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok... if you have a different firmware, and you are sure you changed it then follow the instructions on page 17 here

ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/3739/epson373961eu.pdf

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your efforts Richard but I have now solved the problem myself. I changed the Setting from "borderless" to "with border" then the option to change between "photo" and "plain" reappeared.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That should have no impact on it.

The initial instructions, which I shows in my second statement with the manual, is the exact method to do this.

But anyway, I have a bad rating from you, I would hope you would reconsider this? And if you need anything else, let me know.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering